Posted by Kate Phizackerley on 15:13

One thing I like on my blogs is a customised newsfeed from other blogs. You can see an example on my Valley of the Kings blog where I pull in news from other Egytology blogs but filter them for News relating to the Valley of the Kings.

The secret is to pass the feed through Yahoo Pipes. My pipe is here.

To edit it for your own needs, sign up for Yahoo Pipes then clone my pipe. Edit the source of your new pipe. I wrote about the method in this article on my Kate Phizackerley on General Business Administration blog.

The reason I like this is that it provides relevant content on my site for visitors to keep them coming back. They could read it on the original blog, but if that blog has articles on topics which don't interest them, or is cluttered, they'll read it on my blog. For instance I'll probably add feeds to this blog when I get chance with articles just on customising blogs.

© Kate Phizackerley 2009

0 comments:

Search